Get More with your Membership
With a BAFT membership, you are a part of a group of internationally active financial institutions, suppliers and other organizations forming a network of executives, operational and technical experts in the global transaction industry space. As a BAFT member, a financial institution, government or other organizations and their staff will receive the following benefits:
Insights and Access to Global Markets
Our Regional Councils – Asia, Europe, North American, Africa, Latin America, and Middle East/North Africa Council, offer immediate connection to regional counterparts and a localized source of expertise in global markets around the world.
Advocating for the Industry
We serve as the industry’s voice before multilateral agencies, export credit agencies, finance ministries, central banks and legislative bodies. We collaborate around the world with other industry groups and trade associations. As a member of BAFT, we represent you in continually striving to:
- develop international standards such as the “Master Participation Agreement” for trade risk
- support the “national treatment” of financial firms in the markets where they do business
- promote the harmonization of financial services regulation and supervision between countries
- coordinate with private and public sector stakeholders to ensure that governments, multilateral agencies, and leading policymakers around the globe have substantive feedback and reliable data on market dislocations and industry trends
- Advocate for the positive consideration of trade finance and transaction banking under the Basel capital and liquidity framework
- Use common Trade Finance Definitions to standardize industry/regulatory terminology and facilitate prioritization of trade risk in sovereign events
- Ensure the continuation of benefits afforded companies via ECA financing
Global Networking Like No Other
Throughout the year, BAFT offers face-to-face networking opportunities to its members. The North America Annual Meeting has been a premier meeting place where attendees gather to meet with clients, fellow bankers, as well as government experts and suppliers. It’s been a productive venue to generate leads and create new business partnerships. Other BAFT conferences, workshops and symposium offer similar networking opportunities.
Member-only Savings and Access
Receive substantial discounts off non-member registration pricing for conferences and workshops, including the Global Annual Meeting, Bank-Bank Forum in Europe, Asia and Africa, regional workshops, symposium, webinars and trade conferences. In addition, access exclusive member only information, such as conference presentations, discussion board, committee notes, and more – by logging into the member only secured site.
Industry Informational Resources
Members enjoy access to compliance resources, issue-focused webinars and conference calls, email bulletins, monthly updates, quarterly newsletters, and more to keep them informed about what is happening in the international transaction banking industry. Members also received exclusive access to members-only online membership directory. A valuable tool to build a network of new clients, and maintain relationships with existing partners.